Monday, August 31, 2009

Today Disney Buys Marvel, Tomorrow The Universe

At first I was like:





But then I was like:





Like I've been saying on everyone's "omg wtf" statuses on Facebook today, something like this was bound to happen. You can even argue it's a smart move for Disney as a way to reach to their young boy audiences since Disney has spent the last 5 years throwing Hannah Montana nonsense at little girls. Don't be getting your X-Men underoos in a twist, now! I've encountered far too many disappointing things this summer so this doesn't really phase me, sadly. Besides, it's beyond our control now. So now, I may have run out of words but I will never run out of Stephen Colbert GIFs.

An update on Fan Expo is to come. Hang on tight, folks.

5 comments:

  1. Hahahhaha. My brother is really into Hannah Montana (for anatomical reasons, mostly), and I'm sick to death of hearing about the show. Perhaps a merger? Captain America vs Miley Cyrus? The Red Skull vs Billy Ray?

    Who knows? Maybe Marvel will see more ads/cameos in future Disney movies as a result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comic book movies are bound to make somebody cry themselves into a nerdrage no matter who makes them.

    Hell, some people got pissed off that Doc Oc didn't wear his trench coat in the movie. I don't think we've lost much here, folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Guess The next Marvel Vs Capcom Video game could have Micky and Donald in it. Man that Blows my mind so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonan be optomistic and assume Disney wouldn't just throw a bunch of ducks and mice in the mix when they know it would send the loyal Marvel fans in an uproar. Disney may be a filthy rich whore, but Disney isn't stupid....oh, shit, it is. Ie: Highschool Musical :(
    Ok, let's just not panic. Wait and see what develops.

    ReplyDelete