
Things I will miss:
- the way you look at me
- our first date
- the first time I kissed you at Crooked Star when “Big Mouth Strikes Again” was playing in the background
- breakfast at Cora’s
- holding your hand
- how you’d twirl me around as we walk down empty city streets
- our inside jokes ie: pancakes are bullshit, butterscotch dumplings, 37 and “I’m a treat!”
- the way I light up when you introduce me to your peers as “my girlfriend”
- falling asleep to The National
- slow dancing to “Harvest Moon”
- laughing in grocery stores
- kissing on the cab rides home
- rye & gingers
- scrabble games
- late night drunken trips to McDonald's for my secret treat
- greasy Chinese at 4 a.m. trying to watch movies but never sitting through the entire thing
- your eyes; the most unbelievable blue eyes I’ve ever seen
- how my head fits perfectly on your chest when we sleep
- kissing the curve of your clavicle
- helping you pick out dining tables
- telling you secrets I know you will keep
- agreeing on “Elliott”
- waking up at 5 a.m. to get ready for broadcast and watching you watching me get ready
- supporting your dreams and aspirations
- planning trips and writing dates
- your genuine feedback on my articles/awards
- reading books on your couch as you create music
- running my fingers up and down your spine
- drinking with your friends
- teaching you inappropriate words in Romanian and laughing at your horrible pronounciation
- every inch of you.
Things I will not miss:
- the fact that you’ve suddenly vanished and left me in places of despair
this breaks my heart. did some asshole just up and leave you without a trace? he'll be sorry someday. it happened to me once. im sending good karma vibes your way.
ReplyDeletealso, you are one of the prettiest people i've never met. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful Natalia! You are an amazing writer!
ReplyDeleteI hope that you are okay..
Aw, I hope your December gets brighter. P.S. I LOVE your banner. ♥
ReplyDeleteStart with the memories:
ReplyDeletehttp://followingfool.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html
You're beautiful and your words are filled with sorrow. Big hug!!!
ReplyDelete"Whoever you are
ReplyDeleteno matter how lonely
the world offers itself to your imagination
calls to you like wild geese
over and over
announcing your place in the family of things."
- Mary Oliver
Hope you feel better soon, buddy. I know heartbreak too. I'm around if you wanna chat.
i don't know why. but this post comforts me.
ReplyDelete