
After several moodswings and angry walks home, countless cigarettes and cheap bottles of white wine, I just scuff at how I try so hard to prove myself to others. Specifically, proving I'm a good catch to members of the opposite sex. I go above and beyond only to end up at square one after every failed attempt. I can pay for all the dinner and movies in the world, I can buy endless amounts of gifts, share all my Marlboro Lights and walk a triumphant amount of kilometres to be with someone only to get nothing in return.
So, now I impatiently ask, when is it time to just give up? When can one accept that it's game over?
It sounds like the guys who don't reciprocate aren't worth your time. Some people can be so ignorant and inconsiderate and maybe you shouldn't expect anything from those people anymore. On behalf of my gender, I apologize.
ReplyDeleteIt's never game over as long as you still have goombas to stomp on and levels to conquer! Buck up!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI had a very nice comment prepared before this one, but then Blogger decided against it. So, basically...
ReplyDeleteI think this is where I learned not to put my worth into others. It's completely tiring in every aspect (mind, heart, soul). Thus, I prevented it by putting my worth into someone who doesn't count my actions against me, but loves me entirely despite of... myself.
I know there's a prince charming out there for you. You're beautiful and an incredible writer, so don't bother with the slow pokes you're trying to bring up to speed. Keep your heart from the scars and let it come to the guy you do deserve without all these silly scars from silly guys. Trust me, it's not worth it.
Ugh, I had the same experience with me ex. I tried so hard to buy his love, literally. I later realized that he wasn't worth all the fuss and that I needed to move on. I met my current bf and I don't have to buy his love because he truly cares about me. I don't believe in giving up - I truly believe there are nice guys out there. I'm sure you will come across one. :)
ReplyDeleteinbugsdrawrs.blogspot.com
Shame you couldnt have forwarded to your next post here hey?
ReplyDelete