The Smiling Buddha Bar presents: Cloud Nothings, Free Kisses and Mathemagic at 9:30 p.m. Friday, March 5th.

A friend recommended Cloud Nothings and I’ve been frequenting their Myspace page listening to tracks ever since. Started by the very young (19 years old to be exact) Dylan Baldi in Ohio, Cloud Nothings is planning on sharing their stellar, lo-fi music magic with the rest of the continent – for now. What makes this band’s album Turning On worth the listen is the hyperactive guitar riffs and pulsing drums just slightly overlapping on top of Baldi’s at times forgettable voice. With this band, you can’t stop singing along but you don’t know what you’re singing along to; however, it doesn’t make the band any less fun.
Cloud Nothings - Little Ray Gun mp3

By going on tour with Cloud Nothings, Free Kisses is sure to make her voice heard to those listeners that crave fresh yet delicate and airy sound. Those few, short songs uploaded on her Myspace don’t do her justice. Hopefully, it’s during her live performances when she truly shines and makes a name for herself.

After a long, hard week you just want to unwind in the sun, maybe smoke something that’s not exactly a cigarette....Mathemagic is the perfect soundtrack! Hailing from Guelph and Toronto, the unsigned brothers that are Evan and Dylan Euteneier are sure to be more recognized this year. Hopefully, they can exceed everyone’s expectations that they’re just another wannabe version of MGMT. I can’t wait for their album to come out.
Mathemagic - Breaststroke mp3
Yess Natalia! You rule!! =) I also cannot stop listening to Cloud Nothings... (he's 18 btw) ... it's so catchy and GOOOD... I am really excited for this Friday, first show since the legendary Thunderheist!
ReplyDelete-Alicia
Yikes, I messed up on his age :( oops. nothing the good ol' back key cant fix!
ReplyDeleteLove it! And totally disagree with the MGMT statement!
ReplyDeletejoellenlove.blogspot.com
thanks for the music suggestions... will check out cloud nothings right now on myspace.
ReplyDeleteps. please take a second to check out my new blog:
http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/
thank you for this! i too recently felt like i just woke up from a funk/coma. spring is always an inspiring time of the year<3
ReplyDeleteLove this! When I lost my job, I too was in a cozy coma, lying on my couch watching tv. It didn't stay very comfy though and I realized I need to get up and do something, thus my blog, lol. Thanks for the lovely comments :)
ReplyDeleteinbugsdrawers.blogspot.com
Ohhh, I am definitely going to check them out. I think it's great you get bands recognized. I love MGMT, but I shall keep my wall between the two.
ReplyDeletegreat pics!!! i love it!nice blog HONEY! :D I LIKE IT!!!
ReplyDeleteFollow my blog and I follow your blog:O)
i`m happy if you follow me toooo with bloglovin ;)
KISS ;*)